Friday, June 27, 2008

Fish Tacos - with Corn Meal


Okay, I know. Here we are blogging about fish tacos again. Well, it's like anything else that's good; it's worth revisiting. I may have hit on the "Power Taco" tonight.

Like before, I cut the fish into little-finger size strips (Thinner than that really. Let's say a SMALL little finger.) Instead of making up a beer batter, I seasoned the fish with onion & garlic powder, black pepper, Nu-Salt, Chef Paul's No-Salt Magic Seasoning, and some Old Bay. Then I sprinkled on corn meal, and stirred to coat the fish evenly.

Not satisfied with that, I decided to whip up an egg wash. I beat one egg. Then rather than dipping the fish in the egg wash, I just added the egg to the fish and stirred to evenly coat. Then I stirred in yet more cornmeal.

I fried the fish strips up in hot corn oil; drained on paper towels; then built tacos out of whole wheat tortillas spread with mayo, a dash of hot sauce, and a tablespoon of finely chopped cabbage.

I think I'm in love.

Oh, did I mention that I love music?
Back to Top

No comments :