Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Beer Can Chicken


I have a couple of those contraptions made especially to hold the beer can in place and to stand the chicken upright. I have done it without the special chicken stand, but I prefer the stability the special "stand" provides. Check at your local grill store, or maybe at your lawn and garden center.

I usually do two chickens at once to take advantage of the fire. I cook this on a 22.5" Weber. I bank the fire on two sides of the grill leaving the middle open for an aluminum drip pan. I flavor my fire with hickory chunks.

Wash the chickens thoroughly and pat dry. Remove giblets and sprinkle inside with Chef Paul's Salt-free Magic Seasoning. Insert four cloves of garlic under the skin down each side of the breast. That's right -- 8 cloves of garlic for each chicken.

Rub the bird with oil; then rub Chef Paul's seasoning on the outside. Mount chickens over the beer cans. I use soft drinks rather than beer. It's up to you. I stop up the neck cavity with a half a lime, a potato, or even with excess chicken fat if I have nothing else on hand. This helps seal the steam in so the chicken cooks faster from the inside out.

Place over a drip pan away from the heat in your grill. Cook until instant read thermometer inserted in breast reads 160. For me, that takes about 2 hours. I'd rather undercook the chicken than over do it.

Sometimes I debone the chicken, and if it needs more cooking, I put it in a cast iron pan and return to the Weber for more smoking.


Back to Top | Back to Poultry

1 comment :

teen lesbian stories said...

Hes willing to do this over the phone, provided you guysnot trace the call. I asked her how her night was and she said justfine and went upstairs to bed.
young lesbian stories
preteen rape stories
bdsm college beastality stories
sister sister taboo stories
first sex stories incest
Hes willing to do this over the phone, provided you guysnot trace the call. I asked her how her night was and she said justfine and went upstairs to bed.